September 14, 2014

Autumn Colors Necklaces

These are two necklaces I made recently. The center part of the first necklace is something I made a few years ago , as part of a necklace I entered to one of Etsy Beadweavers monthly challenge, but I wasn't really sure I liked how it turned out. 
I've put the necklace aside until I figured out how to change it.. It took a while until I found the right beads and other materials to combine the crocheted part with, but I finally made it, and I am very pleased with the new design.... 





The other necklace I beaded especially for Beth, a dear friend who lives on the other side of the world.
A few years ago, when I only started out my Etsy shop, she contacted me and asked about some clasps that I used for my bracelets. We had a few conversations, and then she told me that she had a lot of jewelry making supplies she received from a family member. I asked if I could buy some from her, but she kindly and so generously wanted to give them to me as a gift. She sent me large heavy box, full with many kinds of beads and other fun stuff! 
I used some of the beads she sent me back then in this necklace I made for her, and I am so glad she wrote and said loved it!  Hugs & love to you my friend Beth! 


No comments:

Post a Comment